Finding the Water that is Hidden in your Berea Home
In this version of finding hidden water damage, SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties gives you tips for the cleanup process.
When water infiltrates your home, the best way to start is to get professionals to remove the water. Getting the water you can see out of the home is the first step.
Next, think of these spaces are key areas water could be hiding after water damage in your Berea home.
- Small Spaces: In small spaces, like crawl space and ground floor, could have water in materials, plumbing, and wiring. When these spaces get water damage that is left untreated can create mold or harbor pests and rodents.
- Crawl Spaces: When dealing with crawl spaces, there are a few ways to get it dry. Letting a professional check it after water damage is one of the best ways. Also, it may need to be sealed off with a special coating to prevent moisture from coming back in.
Water damage in your Berea or Richmond home can be remediated in a few different ways. But, calling SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties is the best way to get water damage out and keep it out.
Flooded basement in your Richmond home
What to do when a flood occurs in your Richmond home?
When a flood occurs in your Richmond or Berea home -- the best thing to do is call for help. Once you are in a safe spot, call your insurance company. Usually when your home is flooded other homes are flooded too. Getting on the insurance company list for adjusters is the best way to get your home cleaned more timely.
Another thing you can do when your home is flooded is trying to dry your home shortly after it happened. The best thing you can do is wear Personal Protective Equipment. Floodwaters are typically dangerous and have contaminants. The best thing to do is have professionals help dry out your home.
Once the water has been properly cleaned up, the best thing to do is to get rid of contaminated items in the home. Personal items that cannot be cleaned or you do not want to keep after water contaminants in it.
The final step after floodwaters are in your home is to make sure to sanitize and disinfect your home. Safety is key during floodwater damages. If there are no safe ways to clean up and disinfect your home or business, call someone else for help. Calling a professional, like SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties is the best way to safely and efficiently clean your home or business from floodwaters.
The Best Ways to Clean Your Berea Home After Sewer Exposure
Sewer Damages and Ways to Combat Them in your Home
One of the worst damages to find is sewer damage. No one wants to wade around in dirty and oftentimes dangerous waters in your home. Should this occur in your home, taking action fast is the most efficient way to get the damages taken care of in your home.
1. Find the source: When sewer damage occurs, you need to find out why, when, and where. Having a plumber come out first and foremost can help further damages from happening. Once you find the source, you can begin the process of fixing and cleaning the areas impacted.
2. Rid the area of moisture: When water damage finds its way into your home, it can hide in places that do not get dry. When that occurs, mold can begin to grow shortly after in those and surrounding areas. Making sure professional equipment is running continuously until the area is dry is the best way to combat the possible growth of mold.
3. Clean, clean, and clean again: The best way to handle sewer damage is to call a professional. Because of the diseases and bacteria that can be found in sewer and category 3 water, SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties has personal protective equipment (PPE) to use while cleaning.
Sewer cleanup in your Berea, Richmond, Irvine, Waco, or surrounding areas home can leave behind bacteria that should be eliminated. Let professionals help, so that we can keep your family safe and your home back to "Like it never even happened," which is the goal when sewer damage happens in your home.
What to know about cleaning up fire damage in your Richmond home?
In your Richmond home, fire damages can be detrimental to the structure and contents; however, there are ways to help keep the damage minimal in the clean-up process.
- Purification of the HVAC: Make sure to get new filers to begin the air purification process. This gets out initial debris and soot in the HVAC system. It can be a small way to slow the spread of the soot and smoke smell.
- Reducing damage with Soot Clean-up: Hiring a professional restoration company with certified team members is the best way to handle this step.
- Limiting entrance and exit of the area: Once the initial sweep of the area has begun, try to limit in and out happenings of the area as to not track soot into other unaffected areas of the home. It can also be dangerous depending on the areas impacted to have heavy foot traffic in and around the source areas.
There are several ways to help clean up your fire damage, but consider hiring a professional to complete it. We can make sure it is done in the safest and efficient way possible. Call our offices today to find out more information at 859-623-0000.
Mold and Water Damage --Do the two go hand in hand?
It's the season for mold.
Spring is typically the beginning of "mold season." Mold can create a pungent, unpleasant odor in parts of your home. Mold typically begins to grow right after winter is finishing up when temperatures slowly rise and rain increases. We all love those spring showers, but this can be a cause of mold sneaking into your home.
Sometimes the water can trickle into parts of your home without you even noticing. The worst time that this occurs is summer because of high temperatures. The water damage that has leaked sits as moisture where mold begins to grow.
When this condensation sits for an extended period of time and when homeowners cool down the inside, the mold takes over. If you do not keep an eye on those places where moisture and condensation pool --mold can cause severe damages.
If you suspect mold in your home, call our offices today. Our team can perform mold testing in your home to find out exactly how much and what kind of mold is in your home. We can make a plan to efficiently clean it and get your home back to "Like it never even happened."
Grilling Season: Keep those hamburgers safe!
Be on the lookout for more tips on fire and grilling safety!
Summer is here in Kentucky!
When summer arrives that means grilling is here too. Everyone loves to invite friends and family over to throw on some hamburgers and hotdogs. But, you want to keep those hamburgers safe from causing damage to your home or anyone else. There are a few tips to keep in mind before firing up that grill:
- Make sure the grill is not placed up against any siding or walls of the back of the house.
- Do NOT grill with long sleeves or draped clothing that could catch fire.
- Make sure to keep the fire contained and do not let the flames get too high.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill long after it is turned off because it will typically stay hot for several hours after.
Fire damages can break out outside and still cause home damages. The best way to keep that from happening is to follow the grilling rules above. For more information on fire damages, call our office today at 859-623-0000.
Employee Appreciation Day
SERVPRO kids enjoying some KONA ice!
SERVPRO kids love Kona!Our employees have worked hard over the past year and deserved extra appreciation. It took some time to put this event together because our team has been all over the United States this year helping communities recover from storm damages. We finally found the perfect afternoon to bring our team and their families together for a sweet treat. So, our team put together an event for all of our offices to have a local Hawaiian ice truck visit. We invited our employees and their families for an outside afternoon of fun. The rain didn't stop our team from having a great afternoon and enjoying Kona Ice from the Bluegrass. Our employees have been working hard and this treat was well deserved for them and their families! Catch a picture to the side of our team and their kids getting ready to order a delicious Hawaiian ice treat.
Richmond Fire Damage Cleanup and Reconstruction
Fire Damage Kentucky Cleanup
Fire damage in a home can happen from several different outlets. It can range from anything, like small smoke fires to structure fires in your home. Hiring a professional contractor is key to getting your home to "Like it never even happened."
One way to make sure you are securing a professional is to get SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties to review your fire damages. A Richmond fire damage repair specialist is the best way to have the best tools and knowledge for your home repair.
Residents of Richmond, KY when you need a fire damage cleanup make sure you are securing professionals who utilize equipment that can efficiently restore your home.
Another factor that can get the best fire damage cleanup and restoration is to consult an insurance agent. They are professionals who know the business and can send you to someone they trust, and who you can trust as your contracting company.
Call our offices today if you need more information or questions regarding fire, smoke, or soot damage.
Call us today for more information on our fire cleaning services. 859-623-0000
Residents of Richmond, Berea, Irvine, Waco, and other surrounding areas: Do you have renter's insurance?
Recently, we have had several apartment fires. When a fire occurs in someone else's apartment, or yours, even if the structure is not damaged, --the smoke can flow through to several surrounding units.
This is why renter's insurance is important. The owners of the property should have insurance on the structure, but the contents inside will not cover your belongings. Everything from your television, laptop, clothing and other personal items need protection in the case of an emergency.
This way if you have items that damaged from a fire or water damage, you will be covered. You will not be forced to start over because you will have a safety net. Get with your local agent and find out how much coverage you can get for renter's insurance.
Storm Team --We are Here to Help
We've updated our map lately to add more states to illustrate the states we have helped during storm season.
Storm Team Update
SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties works 24/7 to make sure the local community is taken care of during a disaster. The way we do that is by having our team on standby to help communities from our own backyard to all the way across the county.
Recently, we added Alabama and Arkansas to our storm team map. We have traveled there to help local communities come back from the storm. We are faster to any size disaster.
When another team needs our help, we are dispatched with our crew to come and help you. We know how to tackle storm damage. We know you take storm damages seriously, and so do we.
You can also, call our offices today for more information on how we can help with your local storm damage. Whether it be wind damage to your roof, or water damage in your basement from flooding --we are here to help make it "Like it never even happened."