When people think of SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties, commercial capacity is not what always comes to mind.
We want our customers to know that we DO have the commercial capacity for your business's fire, water, mold, and viral pathogen cleaning needs. Our team is ready to help your commercial property when an emergency occurs. We have the equipment and necessary tools and training to complete your project.
Another aspect of our business that we can commercial assist with is our reconstruction division. We have a team of certified professionals who are here to help your commercial property with construction, reconstruction, and other projects that may need completed.
Our team is here to help, and not just with your residential needs, but your commercials ones too. Call our offices today to see how SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties can help you!
Got mold damage?
Did you know SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties offers mold testing?
When you suspect you have mold in your home, you never want to blindly to try to clean it or remove it yourselves. When mold is suspected, you want a trained and certified professional to inspect it.
We offer mold testing, so that before we even remove the mold from your home we know exactly what kind of mold we are dealing with. We want to effectively and efficiently remove the mold in the best way possible for the health and safety of your home and family.
Trust the professionals to test and remove your mold damages. Call our offices today to learn more about mold testing, pricing, and how we can get your home back to "Like it never even happened."
Why SERVPRO? Check out our reconstruction division
Our reconstruction team is here to help!
Did you know?
Did you know that in addition to water mitigation, fire cleanup, and mold remediation, we offer reconstruction services too?
After our hero technicians are done with drying out a home or removing smoke-damaged materials, we can put homes back together just "Like it never even happened."
The convenience and savings of working with one company to assist with mitigation and repairs can be significant.The hassle of having to deal with multiple companies should not fall on your shoulders have damages have occurred. When you hire a one-stop-shop, such as your local SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties, it can take the pain out of it.
In addition to reconstruction after damage, we also do general home remodeling. Have you been considering remodeling your kitchen? We can help. Does your bathroom need an update? We do that too. From drywall to painting to framing and much more, we can assist with your reconstruction project.
Here are just some of the reconstruction services SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties offers:
- Drywall repair and installation
- Floor repair and replacement
- Kitchen and bath remodeling
- Cabinet and trim replacement
- Insulation installation
- Ceiling repair
- Fixture replacement
Call our offices today to find out more information on our reconstruction division, and how our team can help you with your home improvements needs!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned: CSC is here to help!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned window decal
What is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned?
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned: The world has changed what it means to be clean, so let customers and employees know that SERVPRO, the nation’s #1 choice in cleanup and restoration, was there with a higher cleaning standard, Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
- CONSULTATION: a one time, complimentary meeting at your business to tailor a specific program to fit your needs.
Whether we want it to be there or not, COVID-19 is at the top of everyone's minds. We want to keep the minds of your employees, customers, and anyone else who may enter at your business at ease. In our complimentary consultation this cleaning service provides a one time/or subscription based program designed for when and what you want! We offer a variety of cleaning services, including:
- Electrostatic Spraying
- Wipe down of high touch surfaces
2.DOCUMENTATION: window clings and other documentation that are your proof of clean!
This shows your customers and employees that you have utilized the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program and that your building has been #SERVPROcleaned.
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Fire Safety Plan
Create your fire safety plan today!
Keep your family/ customers/ employees safe in the upcoming months when fires occur the most!
Why should you have a fire safety plan?
When a fire occurs, the first reaction can be to panic! The best reason is have a plan in place is to take the panic out of the situation. If you know exactly what to do and how to handle it --there is a better outcome for the people and place the fire has occurred.
Here are a few tips from the Fire Safety Protection Association on the best way to create that plan for you:
Escape planning tips
- Pull together everyone in your household and make a plan. Walk through your home and inspect all possible exits and escape routes. Households with children should consider drawing a floor plan of your home, marking two ways out of each room, including windows and doors. Also, mark the location of each smoke alarm.
- A closed door may slow the spread of smoke, heat and fire. Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room, outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home. NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm Code® requires interconnected smoke alarms throughout the home. When one sounds, they all sound.
- When you walk through your plan, check to make sure the escape routes are clear and doors and windows can be opened easily.
- Choose an outside meeting place (i.e. neighbor's house, a light post, mailbox, or stop sign) a safe distance in front of your home where everyone can meet after they've escaped.
- Go outside to see if your street number is clearly visible from the road. If not, paint it on the curb or install house numbers to ensure that responding emergency personnel can find your home.
- Have everyone memorize the emergency phone number of the fire department.
- If there are infants, older adults, or family members with mobility limitations, make sure that someone is assigned to assist them in the fire drill and in the event of an emergency.
Put your plan to the test
- Practice your home fire escape plan twice a year, making the drill as realistic as possible.
- Make arrangements in your plan for anyone in your home who has a disability.
- Allow children to master fire escape planning and practice before holding a fire drill at night when they are sleeping. The objective is to practice, not to frighten, so telling children.
- It's important to determine during the drill whether children and others can readily waken to the sound of the smoke alarm. If they fail to awaken, make sure that someone is assigned to wake them up as part of the drill and in a real emergency situation.
If you follow these tips, your chance during a fire is much more likely going to be a positive one. It is always better to have a plan in place, then to not have one and wish you had when an emergency happens. We never think an emergency or disaster will happen until it happens to us! We want you to keep your home or business safe. Follow these tips and keep up to date on current fire safety information from your local fire departments!
What's that smell? Deodorization with SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties
Call us to help today at 859-623-0000.
Do you know the odor that is lurking in your home?
When a fire occurs the smell can linger even after the flames are put out. Did you know that smoke can stick to your walls and upholstery?
Here are some smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke travels to cooler areas and upper levels of a building.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Two types of Smoke Damage
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Here is some additional information:
- Wet Smoke: Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke: Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
- Protein Fire Residue– Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
When an odor occurs in your home or business, call us today. You can reach us at anytime at 859-623-0000. We are the fire damage restoration experts, and we are here to help!
Lightening strikes in Richmond, Kentucky home, causing Fire Damage
When lightening strikes your home that can mean a fire. Most people do not realize that many of the worst residential fires are started by lightening strikes.
Lightening strikes are so powerful and even the smallest one can take out your electricity, give you unknown roof damage, and many more obstacles. Fire damages in your home by a lightening strike can make for smoke damage on your walls, upholstery and many other areas of soft contents.
When fire damages your home, you can want to be protected. You want to have an emergency plan in place, so you can get out and quickly.
SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties would like to encourage all homeowners to invest in smoke detectors. No one wants a fire to occur in their homes, but it is better to prepared if this should happen to you and your family.
Call us today for help with any fire damages needs at 859-623-0000.
Hidden Leaks: When, What, Where
Hidden Leaks can give you major water damage--call us today!
Hidden Leaks in your Home
The problem with hidden leaks is just that-- they are hidden. When you suspect a hidden leak in your home there are several steps you can take to find them. Hidden leaks can not only cause water damage, but major frustration and can build up expensive repairs.
How do you find leaks?
There a few different ways to find leaks. You can search through different places in your house that you have had leaks before. But, there is an easier way. First, turn off your water meter. Your water meter can be located in a basement, garage, or even a spare bathroom at times. Record the number on the water meter, check back after the water meter has been turned off for several minutes and if the number has moved --there's a hidden leak.
You can also call a plumber, if you have a hidden leak and they can locate it for you. Once you have located the hidden leak (by yourself or with the help of a professional), if it is not a quick fix, then it is time to call for a plumber.
What to do if the leak has caused water damage?
If the leak has caused water damage in your home from small fixes to water damaged ceilings, tile, and flooring --it is time to call a water damage restoration company.
Small leaks that have caused even a minor damage in your home can need checked for unseen water damage or possible mold growth.
Our technicians can schedule an appointment to check your home with a moisture meter or mold testing.
Call our offices today to see what we can do for your home.
What NOT to do during a Storm
What NOT to do during a Storm
We all know the preparedness tips to keep in mind during a storm or lightning event, but do you know what NOT to do during a storm? Please keep these tips from the CDC in mind during a storm:
- Avoid water- do not bathe or shower, because being in contact with water can attract lightning to your home's plumbing.
- Avoid electronic equipment- instead protect your equipment with surge protectors.
- Avoid corded phones- but you can use cordless and cell phones during storms.
- Avoid windows, doors, porches, and concrete- lightning can travel through in metal wires that is in concrete.
Keep your family and home safe during a storm. For more information, please visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/lightning/safetytips.html
Water Damage to Richmond, KY Commercial Building -Part 1
We help with commercial water damages?
The answer is, yes. We service commercial water damages in the area as well as residential services. Many do not know that we have the capacity to handle both types of emergency damages.
In Richmond, last week a commercial building has a large water damage. There was standing water in an important building with a lot of documents and equipment. They needed service and fast.
Our team of trained professionals came out to the water damage that day after they had loaded to truck with over 200 air movers (which is another word for fan). Not only was that not enough we had to bring over 200 more to make sure the area was properly dried. So overall, we had 400 fans, and that is not including dehumidifiers.
This type of project takes special attention, because we need to get this commercial business back up and running as efficiently and effectively as possible. We had a huge team come out to make sure this project was in tip-top shape.
Our customers were impressed with the work our team had completed in such a short amount of time.
We stand by our motto of getting to our customers faster and our 1-4-8 policy.
When we say we are "ready for whatever," we mean it!