Why SERVPRO? Choose a Preferred Vendor for your Emergency Damages in Richmond
When a client calls your office with emergency damages, the best thing to do is to know the company you are referring them to.
You want someone who is qualified. It is not easy to become a vendor program. You have several guidelines to follow to be the best and stay the best for your clients. Your teams obtain monthly training and certifications to stay up to date on restoration and construction.
You want someone who is compliant. Compliance is there for a reason. You want someone who can handle paperwork, the tools they use, and be able to have a higher standard for working in someone's home all at the same time. A franchise that is compliant knows all of these details and their team is always ready to help your client.
You want someone who is professional. Letting someone in your home is scary and unnerving for a lot of clients. It may be the first time they have ever gone through something this traumatic. Their Richmond home means a lot to them and damages can be hard to handle. A professional knows how to speak to them to ease their worries and keep them, and you, up to date on the workflow process.
So, Why SERVPRO?, because we are a part of your local community, you know us, and we are a preferred vendor. You want to know that your client is being taken care of, and that you have put them in the hands of someone you know and trust.
Richmond Water Damage and Your Business
Richmond Water Damage: What Issues Could You Face
Most businesses will have to deal with water damage at some point in time. The best way to combat them is to know what would happen before and be ready. There are always emergencies that are unforeseen but sometimes just human error can cause water damages. Here are few ways that water damage could occur:
- Toilet Overflow: When a toilet overflows and no one reports it, it could create even bigger damages. The cleanup needs to happen because the water that comes out being unsanitary. The disinfection process needs to happen by a professional.
- Damaged Pipes: Plumbing failures happen daily. The age and quality of pipes can cause them to give and accrue standing water.
- Flooding: When heavy rains or storms pop up they can create water that has been contaminated to enter your business. This is harmful to your employees and customers because that water has created a hazard.
The best and most reliable way to create a barrier between water damage and your business is to know your local restoration company. SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, and Lincoln Counties has been around for years. We know water damage, and we are here to help!
Storm Damage- Our team in Louisiana
Our team traveled and was on the ground for several weeks in Louisiana helping their local communities after the hurricane.
Storm Damage Disasters in Louisiana
Thank you to our storm team for their passion and determination to help these communities affected by natural disasters. This is by no means easy work and their undertaking of these large loss projects shows their true character and dedication to serve communities in need while sacrificing time spent away from their families. We love being a company that our community trusts and relies on when they need a helping hand. But, when other communities reach out for help, our team is ready to go. Take a look at some of the work our team faced during the recent hurricane work in Louisana in the past couple of months. Our team wants to share our thanks and appreciation for our Disaster Recovery Large Loss Professionals that have had their boots down in Louisiana for the past few weeks.
Space Heater Safety in your Richmond Home
Space Heater Safety in your Richmond Home
Preventing Richmond Fire
The weather is starting to turn colder. We know when your home starts to get chilly, and you do not want to crank up the heat, a space heater is the best alternative. Space heaters do create a cozy home environment. Their biggest problem is that they also create a home environment that can be the perfect setting to create a fire.
Before you fire up that space heater consider these tips to stay safe.
1. NEVER crowd the heater: Space heaters can be easily flammable. The best way to prevent this is to keep drapey materials away from them. This includes actual drapers, towels, clothes, rugs, and other linens. We have had several house fires that we have cleaned where someone accidentally threw a towel on a space heater when getting out of the shower or bath. Space heaters cannot handle fabrics crowding them. Making sure your heater has heat flow is the best way to reduce the risk of fire.
2. NEVER use an extension cord: Always use a wall outlet to plug in your space heater. This grounds the plug and can reduce the risk of overheating a power strip or multi cord.
3. NEVER place one on uneven ground: Earlier we discussed keeping heaters away from rugs, make sure to never place them on a rug that is tufted or will make the heater uneven or shaky. This could cause it to tip over and come in contact with something flammable.
We love a space heater to create a snug place this winter, but follow these tips to keep your home or business safe from fire damage from a space heater.
COVID-19, Commercial, and Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
With the steady rise of COVID-19 still in the air, the CDC recommends certain precautions. There are certain practices when running a commercial business with customers and employees, in order to keep them healthy. Washing your hands and wearing a mask being at the top of the list from the CDC. But, something that can help is the cleaning of potential or suspected viral pathogens in the business.
Did you know we have a national cleaning program called Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned?
When there are viral pathogens in your business in Richmond, you need cleaning. Our team has Personal Protective Equipment (or PPE) to protect your business when they are cleaning. This cleaning can include a variety of services to choose from when scheduling.
These services range from wiping services, electrostatic cleaning, and other disinfectant services.
In order to keep businesses open, it is important to keep employees and customers healthy. When you have a professional clean these surfaces, it can put their minds at ease.
Call our offices today to find out more information about our viral pathogen cleaning and our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program. Our offices have been cleaning by following CDC guidelines and industry best practices. Trust SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties with your commercial cleaning needs today.
National Preparedness Month- Fire in your Richmond Home
Fire Safety for September
September is National Preparedness Month, one thing you can be prepared for is fire safety.
When you have a home or business, always make sure you have a plan with your family to stay prepared. The best way is to create a plan that everyone in your family knows and can remember. Then, make sure your family practices this plan every six months.
The best steps to take are to:
- Get out, first and foremost,
- Have a meeting spot
- Have a designated person call 911
- Have someone be responsible for counting that everyone is out of the house
- Be able to tell the fire department how many people, pets, and other emergency info for the house
- If you have elderly people in the home or special needs, have a plan for how they will be able to exit from the home or business
During National Preparedness Month, we want your Richmond home to stay safe, but we also have ideas for business fire safety.
If your business needs an Emergency Readiness Plan, please call our offices. We want to make sure your Richmond office stays safe during fire emergencies.
Emergency Preparedness Month - September is on its way in
Prepare for Preparedness Month: Fire Edition
How long have you lived in your home?
Now, ask yourself the question --how long did the people before you live in your home?
When it comes to home safety from fire hazards and fire damages, the best way is to check for inadequate or old wiring. Inadequate wiring cause fires to break out in older homes or newer homes if it was not installed correctly.
Here are a few signs that indicate you may need a professional to check your home:
- Lights dim if you use another appliance
- For an appliance to work, you have to disconnect another
- Fuses blow or trip the circuit frequently.
Have a licensed electrician come and inspect your house, or contact your landlord if you have any of the above occurrences.
Richmond Flooded Basement
Flooding in your Richmond Basement
Flooding can occur during any time of the year. Flooding typically happens in your Richmond home when there is heavy rainfall; however, flooding in your Richmond basement can happen for a variety of other reasons. Here are a few other occurrences when your basement could flood:
- Storm sewer backup
- Drainage failure
- Water supply-line break
- Blocked sewer pipe
A flooded basement is not safe, nor sanitary, for your home or business. When your Richmond home is flooded, call our offices at 859-623-0000. SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties is here to help! We have the right protective equipment and techniques to handle the situation safely and efficiently. We have years upon years of experience in Madison County and surrounding areas.
A Second Storm Season
Fall Storm Season
Everyone knows to keep their homes in top shape during spring storms, but autumn storms could start at any time. When you think fall, you think of pretty leaves and cool weather. But, these fall storms can cause power outages and other damage. Here are a few ways to keep safe:
- Keep flashlights around your home.
- Do not open refrigerators unless you absolutely have to, to keep items cold.
- Turn off any electronics so there is not a power surge when the electricity is turned back on.
- Watch your sump pump closely, so you do not end up with excess water damage.
- Be cautious when it is cold during these power outages, and keep safe. Do not use gas stovetop, ovens, or other grills to keep warm. These can lead to dangerous conditions.
When storms happen, it is always better to be safe rather than sorry you did not have a game plan of knowing how to handle it. Richmond water and storm damage can occur, but you can prepare!
Richmond Storm Damage: How to Protect your Business
Get your Emergency Ready Profile today!
How to Protect your Business Before the Storm
When storm damages occur, business owners are not always prepared. There are a few ways to help protect your business before the storm even hits. We have listed some tips to proactively protect your business to minimize damage and sometimes it creates an environment for no damage at all. Here are the tips below:
- Clean the gutters prior to storm season
- Back up Computers and Data on separate roms or drives
- Stay on top of repairs to minimize damage later
- Check landscaping to make sure there are no run-offs or places to pool water damage into your commercial property
- Protect the Property - double check commercial insurance
Following these quick tips can help create a place of business that does not need after storm cleanup because of the proactive work you created beforehand. Another tip to protect your business is to get with us and get an Emergency Ready Profile to keep all of your information in one easy to reach the place. We can help you know which information you need and where to store it. This way if damage does occur, you can reach out to first responders and restoration services much faster.