Water Damage Tools: SERVPRO is to the rescue.
SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties has a variety of tools and ideas on how to help you with your home or business water damage.
We have many different tools and equipment to handle each individual job.
In the photo, our owner is demonstrating how this tool works to our marketing representative.
The first thing to determine what's causing the damage is to figure out what's leaking.
Then we look for visual signs like swollen base boards. After that we then bring in the equipment to confirm the affected areas.
Once the estimate and approvals are given, we then begin work to fix the damage from getting worse.
Affected areas are dried out. If that fixes the issue our job is complete, otherwise our team will remove materials damaged beyond repair.
Residents of Richmond, Mt. Vernon, Lancaster, and Berea: SERVPRO is here to help!
KSPMA is here --SERVPRO is here to help
Here at SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties we value our educational facilities. One of our favorite events of the year is the Kentucky School Plant Management Association (KSPMA).
This event has over 300 attendees and over 21 breakout sessions, not to mention the hundreds of vendors. We are the only restoration company to attend and we value the time we spend with the best of the best in facilities and education.
This year SERVPRO has partnered with another SERVPRO to bring you games, prizes, and lots of SERVPRO merch. We have spent the last two days teaching all of the superintendents, facilities directors, and other educational staff about what we can help with when it comes to minor and major disasters in the restoration field.
We want our schools to know that if they have a water or fire damages, along with other cleaning needs --we are here to help!
Commercial call: We have a solution for that!
Has your business ever been impacted by water, smoke, fire, or any other type of emergency damage situation?
If the answer is yes, or you own a business and want to prevent any of those things mentioned above from happening to your business, keep reading.
Here at SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties we have a 1-4-8 policy that we enforce to help you keep your business up and running in the most efficient way possible.
If you call during regular business hours, you will receive an immediate response.
If you call after hours, our 1-4-8 protocol works as follows:
- Within 1 hour: Within an hour, you will have been contacted by a SERVPRO staff member, gathering information and details to start the project.
- Within 4 hours: A crew will arrive at your home to start Emergency Services.
- Within 8 hours: We will contact and update your insurance company to give an initial update and progress of your job.
In the event of an emergency, call your local SERVPRO experts at 859-623-0000.
We have a 1-4-8 rule so that we can get to you sooner!
Many people ask us when we are out on the field: Why SERVPRO?
We have a lot of aspects that other restoration companies just do not posses.
When it comes to residential:
We are faster to any size disaster, we have certified trained technicians, we have financing, and we have the ability to work with your insurance company. We put our customers needs first to make sure you get the best service possible.
Because we have over 1,700 franchises we have the ability to handle big jobs. We can pull our resources and get our other SERVPRO friends from all over the country to help us. We also travel to other areas during times of disasters. We want to make our customers disasters at home "Like it never even happened."
The winning pumpkin from the Garrard County Fiscal Court Office.
Every year SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties creates a Facebook contest called #SERVPROSpooksItForward. Our clients are offered pumpkins to decorate and we put them on our social media --the pumpkin with the most likes wins!
But, that's not all.
The winning pumpkin's office not only gets a free lunch, but they get $200 donated on behalf of SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties to the charity of their choice. We have given to animal shelters, children's funds, food banks, and many others over the years.
This year our winner wanted to donate money to the local park for special needs children to have specialized equipment.
We love our pumpkin decorating contest and we love giving back to our local communities even more!
Do you know which appliances cause water damage in your home?
No one wants to wake up to water damage in their home. It's never a pleasant experience to see your dishwasher has flooded your kitchen, or your air conditioner has leaked.
Sometimes, you may not even know these appliances could cause such huge water damages. Here are some more household appliances that are a water damage waiting to happen:
- Hot Water Heater-it's one of the top five sources and a yearly inspection by a professional can take that percentage down.
- Air conditioner- have a professional install a drain pipe to keep water damage at bay.
- Washing machine- if there is a leak that is a sure sign for future damage. Replace your hose every five to help prevent this situation.
- Refrigerator- the defrost drain can have a leak or clog so it's best to flush the drain with hot water.
- Dishwasher- adding too much detergent and having a dishwasher over 9 years old can cause it too overflow.
We hope you don't have a water damage, but if you do call SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties today. We are certified and have water restoration trained technicians who are here to help!
Fire Damage-- The Issues Facing Homes Today
This is the middle of the cleaning process after a smoke and fire damage occurred in this residential home.
According to the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA)
- In 2011-2015, U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated average of 170,200 home structure fires that involved cooking equipment per year. Almost half (47%) of reported home structure fires were caused by cooking.
- Ranges or cooktops, with or without ovens, accounted for the majority (62%) of home cooking fire incidents and even larger shares of civilian deaths (87%).Unattended cooking was by far the leading contributing factor in these fires and fire deaths.
- More than half (55%) of reported non-fatal home cooking fire injuries occurred when the victims tried to fight the fire themselves.
If you have questions about fire, smoke, or soot damage --call SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties at 859-623-0000.
SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard & Lincoln Counties - Professional and Fast when you Need it Most
Your local SERVPRO's are professional and fast to provide you with your post-construction clean needs.
We have worked on school's, hotel's and other commercial businesses. We are equipped to handle mitigation issues --and even restoration services for water, mold, and smoke damages. We offer de-humidification as a part of our post-construction cleanup. We know there could be moisture issues, and we are trained to provide those services during your time of need.
We want your first impression of SERVPRO and our services to be the best one yet.
We are open 24/7, 365 and we are here to help make your post-construction cleaning and other needs "Like it never even happened. Call SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties at 859-623-0000.
October is Fire Safety Month
Are there fire hazards in your home?
SERVPRO® of Madison, Rockcastle, Garrard, & Lincoln Counties: make sure your home is safe by following these tips.
- Check for curtains, towel racks, or even paper towels sitting too close to burners.
- If your microwave isn't built in, make sure it's clear of surrounding clutter and its vents aren't obstructed.
- If you don't already have one, buy a fire extinguisher for cooking.
- Remember, don't toss water on a grease fire. If a fire starts in a pan - and many do - put a lid on it to suffocate the flames.
We hope you don't have fire damage in your home or business, but if you do call SERVPRO today. We are here to help 24/7 - 365.
Mold Removal- SERVPRO Style
Is removing mold easy?
Mold removal can be a daunting, and quite honestly, dangerous task. It's always best to call a professional when you can to make sure it's safely removed.
If you want the mold gone the first thing you have to do is isolate it.
Next step is to prevent mold spores from spreading to other sections of the home, SERVPRO specializes in mold removal and can do this for you.
Lastly, you have to remember to replace porous items that may have been exposed to the mold. You should definitely call an expert (SERVPRO) if:
- There is mold in your HVAC system.
- If you developed mold from contaminated water or plumbing problems.
- You have an excessive amount of mold.
- You have medical issues that could get worse with the introduction of mold.
SERVPRO is available 24/7-365 to handle all of your mold removal needs, give us a call today 859-623-0000.