Flooded Basement can lead to Mold Damage in Basement
Mold Damage in your Basement
When a storm happens, there can be a lot of damage that occurs to your home. The water damages to your flooded basement can create mold spores to spread; especially, when water damage from storms is left over a period of time. The chances of mold growth after leftover water increase exponentially. Here are a few ways to help combat that:
- Rid the area of the water. The moisture needs to be cleaned up and fast.
- All porous contents should be removed. This includes carpet, flooring, drywall, etc.
- Appliances that contain insulation should be thrown out because they can be a breeding ground for mold to spread and create more spores.
- Heating and air conditioning filters need to be changed. This may require having a specialist come out to clean HVAC or even replace it.
- Non-porous materials and surfaces will need to be professionally cleaned depending on the extent of the damage.
When water damage happens to your home or business, call the professionals. And, call them as soon as you can, so we can help keep your home from possible mold. Call our offices today for more information on mold cleaning and testing at 859-623-0000.